Trinity Health is a comprehensive, integrated healthcare system serving northwest/central North Dakota and Eastern Montana. With a tertiary care hospital in Minot, more than 40 specialties, several rural health clinics, and a long-term care facility, Trinity provides a full complement of healthcare services to the region. Since 1922, we’ve been committed to looking ahead and improving ourselves in ways that provide the best, most compassionate care possible for our patients, families, and communities.
POSITION SUMMARY – Coding Supervisor
Responsible for supervising and coordinating the timely and accurate coding and abstracting/charging of clinic, outpatient, clinic facility and hospital professional encounters for Trinity Health System. Responsible for ensuring procedural compliance with regulatory and professional standards governing coding and billing. Provides coding and billing resources and educational information relevant to coding. Oversees the review of patient records for diagnostic charges and other procedures/services rendered to ensure accurate and compliant coding and billing as supported by documentation.
Licenses and Certifications Required: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) required.
- Formal Course Work in Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology Courses in addition to appropriate Coding Courses – Outpatient Clinical Coding in the Hospital Clinic Office Setting.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in health-related field referred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience CPT/HCPCS clinical coding.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisor or management experience.
- Previous experience using computerized systems for abstracting, coding, reports and information storage and retrieval.
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint for educational presentations.
Special Skills or Training Requirements
- Minimum typing skills of 35 characters per minute.
- Medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology and coding knowledge, required.
- Proficient 10 key/calculator skills.
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Sick Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Lift Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending
- Employee Discounts
- Shift Differentials
- Nursing Scholarships
Apply Online: https://www.trinityhealth.org/trinity-health-careers/