Inpatient Coder (Remote)
At Essentia Health, our mission guides us every day: We are called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives. This calling resonates deeply for our caregivers and our colleagues working behind the scenes, who all bring high-quality, compassionate care to the patients we are privileged to serve.
Our commitment to our communities extends beyond the walls of our hospitals, clinics and long-term care facilities. We partner with other agencies and organizations to make a healthy difference in new and innovative ways. It’s another way we live our mission.
Evaluates health record documentation and accurate reimbursement by ensuring that diagnostic and procedural codes and other documentation accurately reflect and support the inpatient hospital admission. Adheres to Coding Clinic and coding guidelines, and queries medical professionals for clarification as needed. Reviews medical information, such as diseases or symptoms and diagnostic descriptions and procedures to accurately assign and sequence ICD-10 CM/PCS codes and DRG assignment. Adheres to the quality and productivity standards set by the department. Position requires a high level of attention to detail, accuracy, being able to work under pressure, and customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with medical professionals, colleagues, and others.
Shift Start Time: 8:00 AM
Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
* The approximate base compensation range is posted, but the actual offer will reflect our total compensation and benefits package. The offer will be determined by a number of factors including the selected candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, FTE, as well as internal equity among our team.*
- Successful completion or currently enrolled in a program which includes course work in ICD-10-CM/PCS, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology and disease processes AND a passing score on the Essentia Health inpatient coding skills assessment.
Credentialed as or eligible* for: CCS, CIC, RHIT, RHIA *Applicable credentialing required within two years of date of hire
As an Essentia Health employee, count on benefits that extend beyond your paycheck. Find programs to care for you and your family, as well as a supportive, collaborative work environment that promotes professional achievement and pride in your work.
Depending on your position and location at Essentia, you may receive more information about benefits during the interview process. (Benefit eligibility dependent on position and location)
Discover the wide range of comprehensive benefits available to Essentia employees including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Life and accident insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Family and medical leave
- Funeral, jury duty, and military leave
- Paid time off and holidays
- Workers’ compensation
- Malpractice/liability insurance
- Dependent and spousal benefits
- Other voluntary benefits
- Educational opportunities
At Essentia Health, we want to help our colleagues be their best selves—to be healthy, feel supported and thrive. We are called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives—including our employees. We offer many programs and resources to care for everyone in a way that encompasses many components of health.
- Comprehensive well-being programs and activities including rewards programs, environmental supports, and more
- Fitness and grocery store discounts (available to employees enrolled in one of our health plans)
- Online and mobile resources covering mental health, nutrition, and physical activity, among other well-being topics
Employee Assistance Program
- Confidential in-person counseling
- Legal and financial guidance
- Work-life support including child and elder-care assistance
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please feel free to send your application to gina.bludau@EssentiaHealth.org or apply directly on our website at www.essentiacareers.org.
Apply Online: https://www.essentiacareers.org/