NDHIMA Board Election – Call for Nominations
The following NDHIMA Board positions will be open for the upcoming year July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019:
- President Elect
- Serves as an aid to the president and shall assume the duties of the president in his/her absence or inability to act. Coordinates and supervises special projects. Attends Summer Leadership Conference in Chicago, both as president-elect and president, as well as the fall national AHIMA meetings to be held in Miami in 2018 and Chicago in 2019. Three-year commitment – one year each as president-elect, followed by president and past-president terms. Must have served as a NDHIMA Board member to run for this position.
- Secretary (2-year term)
- Records and types minutes of the Board and Membership Meetings. Maintains and updates NDHIMA policies and procedures and emails or distributes updates to the Board at the Board Meetings. Updates the list of Board Members, credentials, and addresses.
- State Advocacy Coordinator (2-year term)
- Represents NDHIMA in AHIMA Advocacy. Serves as legislative contact for NDHIMA and coordinates legislative contacts in Bismarck. Maintains and updates the legislative manual. Attends AHIMA Hill Day and helps coordinate North Dakota Hill Day when the legislature is in session.
- Education Co-Director (1 year term)
- Works with Education Director to coordinate and supervise the annual fall NDHIMA conference including venue, conference content, speakers and vendors. Maintains conference registration numbers and payments received. Prepares written summary of conference evaluations.
Qualifications: Active NDHIMA and AHIMA member. Required to hold an AHIMA credential. Shall possess strong leadership and communication skills.
Nominations for these positions are due by April 13, 2018.
If anyone is interested in additional information, would like to run for one of these positions, or would like to nominate someone for one of these positions, please contact the Nominating Committee:
- Kim Amundson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deb Selland at email@example.com
- Sue Roehl at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also review the Board job descriptions and apply online at ndhima.org by completing the nomination form under “About Us” then select “Board of Directors” and then “Call for Board Nominations”.
On behalf of the Nominating Committee,