Jamestown Regional Medical Center
Full-time, benefited position work 80 hours per two week pay period. Days of work are Monday – Friday with variable hours.
Under the direction of the HIM Manager, maintains medical record integrity through the processing of outpatient medical records including analyzing, coding, and data entry.
- Demonstrates an understanding of coding conventions; adheres to coding guidelines and refers to current literature regarding coding questions. Contacts physicians as necessary to obtain additional information.
- Analyzes outpatient medical records.
- Codes outpatient diagnoses and procedures utilizing ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding classification systems.
- Performs physician coding for the radiologist and ER contract physicians.
- Verifies assignment of nursing E/M levels in the ER.
- Utilizes the encoder and stays proficient with this system.
- Types and distributes birth certificates
- Assists hospital staff, physicians, patients, and guests with inquiries regarding medical information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High school graduate with completion of Health Information Technician/Management and/or Coding Curriculum, including working knowledge of anatomy, ICD-10-CM coding courses.
- No experience required with education as defined above. A minimum of two years’ experience, without education, employed in a Medical Record Department performing tasks related to this job description.
- RHIT or CCS
- Completion of Health Information Technician/Management and/or Coding Curriculum, including working knowledge of anatomy, ICD-10-CM coding courses.
Instructions for Resume Submission: